Microsoft has announced the new Surface Pro at its event in Shanghai. As expected, the new Surface Pro is not called Surface Pro 5 and offers marginal improvements over its predecessor. The new Surface Pro is almost identical to Surface Pro 4 introduced in October 2015, but features more rounded corners and new 165-degree hinge similar to the Surface Studio. Microsoft says the new Surface Pro is the lightest Surface Pro ever and offers up to 50 percent improved battery life with an estimated 13.5 hours of usage. The software giant also introduced new Surface Pen with 4096 levels of pressure input and latency of 21 milliseconds.
With the new Surface Pro, Microsoft is switching to Intel's 7th generation Kaby Lake processors and the i5 model offers a fanless design. The company is also introducing new Alcantara type cover in Platinum, Burgundy and Cobalt Blue colour options. Microsoft's Surface Pro is not a revolutionary update, but a functional one aimed at existing Pro users wanting for updated hardware.
In terms of specifications, it still sports a 12.3-inch Pixel Sense display with a resolution of 2736 x 1824 pixels and a 3:2 aspect ratio. The device can be configured with 4GB or 8GB or 16GB RAM and option for either 128GB, 256GB or 512GB storage. The 2-in-1 convertible is powered by either Core m3 or Core i5 or Core i7 processors and comes with Intel HD Graphics 620 on the standard model and Iris Plus Graphics 640 on the Core i7 variant.
The new Surface Pro sports an 8MP rear camera and a 5MP front camera. Like Surface Laptop, the new Surface Pro also skips USB-C port and offers one full-size USB 3.0 port, Mini DisplayPort, headphone jack and microSDXC card reader. Since the design is same as its predecessor, it is compatible with existing accessories and uses the proprietary Surface connector. The new Surface Pro offers support for 4G LTE, and will become available in 25 markets from June 15 starting at $799 (approx. Rs. 51,800).
Other Popular Deals
- The 5 best Windows laptops under 30,000 Rs in IndiaFirst look: HP Omen gaming laptop, Pavilion, Spectre
- Dell's new laptops & PCs at Computex 2015A look at Windows 10 devices shown off at Computex 2015
- First look: WPG NuPC (mini PC)Computex 2015: Gigabyte shows off its new gaming laptops
- First Look: Panasonic's newly launched Toughbook and...22 upcoming laptops powered by Intel 5th Gen Broadwell...
- A look at Google's four new Chromebooks launched in IndiaComputex 2015: ASUS unveils X and K series laptops
- Top 10 Gaming laptops you can buy under 50K (November 2015)Gaming Laptops between Rs. 50000 to Rs. 60000
- 8 Windows Hybrid Laptops you can buy in India todayTop 5 business laptop deals under Rs 40,000 (Jan 2014)
- Upcoming Gaming laptops that will make you droolTop 3 budget laptops under Rs. 30,000 in India