- 42990/- Buy Now
HP Pavilion 13 Price in India
HP Pavilion 13 Rating 63100
Better options do exist, when it comes to specs from brands like Acer and Lenovo, but the HP Pavilion 13 with its petite frame, lightweight form factor tries to offer something in areas that others haven’t fully locked down on. It is highly ultra portable as a device, offers encouraging audio performance, oodles of storage space and good battery performance. For a laptop that’s suited for basic tasks and a little casual gaming on the side, you can’t go wrong with this one.
- Light at 1.8 Kg
- 1TB HDD
- Good keyboard
- 4-5 hours on single charge
- Screen isn't that bright
- Steep Pricing
HP Pavilion 13: Detailed Review
Getting your hands on a good laptop at the Rs. 40k price range can be a bit tricky at times, because it’s an awkward price range to be in – sandwiched between the budget laptop category around the Rs. 25k to Rs. 35k mark, and the Rs. 45k to Rs. 50k mark mainstream laptops. Notebooks at this price point are transitional between the budget to mainstream laptop segments, and this can always be a difficult handoff. Not so much with the HP Pavilion 13 notebook, though. For its asking price, we found it to be a good basic laptop to have. HP’s Pavilion range of laptops have traditionally rolled out good looking laptops at a slightly higher price tag, but it’s good to see that this lower-priced Pavilion 13 has maintained some of those characteristics. The laptop has a snazzy metallic gray colour scheme, has a slim profile overall, and has a bit of a polished look and feel going for it – great to see that, although it’s not totally unexpected. At 1.8 kg, this laptop is in the ultrabook range, meaning it’s quite easy to hold onto and transport while tucked away in your backpack, which is a good feature in any laptop. Made out of plastic through and through, it’s good to see the HP Pavilion 13 is built well – not exceptionally so, but we found no undue creaking in its joints and its screen hinge does a good job of fusing the screen with the rest of the chassis.
Typing on the Pavilion 13’s isolated, island-styled keys is a good experience, with little or no flex encountered during furious bursts of typing. We’ve seen that sometimes manufacturers end up using a flimsy metal plate as the base for the keyboard but that’s not the case here. Its single-slab touch pad (with no dedicated mouse buttons) is good to use – once you get accustomed to its feel – and we found no fault in its haptic feedback. The laptop’s Beats Audio speakers are good compared to most laptop speakers we’ve encountered at this price bracket, but they aren’t exceptionally great by laptop audio standards – still disappointing, overall, to say the least.
Coming to the Pavilion 13’s core performance, we found it to be average, and within the range of its onboard hardware – not bad, not great either. Its screen’s brightness isn’t too great at 130 cd/m2, and with a contrast ratio of 97:1, we can say that the Pavilion 13’s screen isn’t very good. But for basic use, it’s alright. Watching movies on the anti-glare screen helps block out reflections to a large extent, and the accompanying onboard audio definitely adds to the experience. Its HD webcam is quite efficient at handling video chats through Skype or Google Hangout, no problems whatsoever. Definitely no gaming on this machine, since it lacks a discrete graphics chip, and the most you can do without throttling it down is access the Web through a browser, listen to music, watch movies, work on productivity software, and that’s about it. For most people, that’s enough, and a laptop need not be capable of doing anything more.
What we definitely liked about the HP Pavilion 13 are two things – 1 terabyte of hard disk space and 3 hours of runtime in our battery benchmark (at high performance preset), which should let this laptop last between 4 to 5 hours on a single charge. We don’t have any complaints about that. Basically, it all boils down to the price. Better options do exist, when it comes to specs from brands like Acer and Lenovo, but the HP Pavilion 13 with its petite frame, lightweight form factor tries to offer something in areas that others haven’t fully locked down on. It is highly ultra portable as a device, offers encouraging audio performance, oodles of storage space and good battery performance. For a laptop that’s suited for basic tasks and a little casual gaming on the side, you can’t go wrong with this one.
Display: 13.3-inch, WLED backlit, anti-glare screen
Resolution: 1366x768 pixels
CPU: Dual-core Intel Core i3-4030U @ 1.9 GHz
HDD: 1TB, 5400 RPM
GPU: Onboard Intel HD 4400
I/O ports: 2 x USB 3.0, 1 x USB 2.0, 1 x HDMI, 1 x Ethernet, 1 x headphone, mic combo port
Wireless: 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0
SD Card Reader: Yes
OS: Windows 8.1
Weight: 1.8 kg
Where to buy
- HP Spectre 13, world’s slimmest laptop launched in India at Rs. 1.2 lakh
HP has announced the Spectre in India. This is a revision of last year's Spectre 13, but this time it is much...21 - Jun - 2016
- HP Spectre 13, world's thinnest laptop, takes on Apple's Macbook
HP has unveiled its new laptop called the Spectre 13, which it claims to be the world’s thinnest laptop. The...06 - Apr - 2016
- HP announces Omen gaming laptop, two Pavilion laptops for India
HP computers announced three new laptops at an event in New Delhi last night. The three laptops announced by HP feature...28 - May - 2015
Latest Forum discussions on HP Pavilion 13
- Hp pavilion g6-2206tx vs hp pavilion g4-2049tx
Hey friends, I have bought HP Pavilion G6-2206TX Laptop with Intel Core i3 2370M, ATI Radeon HD 7670M 2GB and Windows 8. [url=http://www.flipkart.com/hp-pavilion-g6-2206tx-laptop-2nd-gen-ci3-4gb-500gb-win8-2gb-graph/p/itmdesfqtvtpujef]HP Pavilion G6-2206TX Laptop (2nd Gen Ci3/ 4GB/ 500GB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) - HP: Flipkart.com[/url] After a few...
- Cilus11/01/2013The i5 Laptop will perform better in games as the GPU is same for both the Laptops. Since most of the 15.6" Laptops offer resolution of 1366X768, games become little CPU bound and the one with better CPU will perform better. However, i3 2370M is also very capable Processor and I don't think the other one with i5 will have significant gaming...
- N3rd11/01/2013i5>i3, but i3 is fine too. 2GB graphic card is just a gimmick really. Especially given your screen resolution.
- Sagarsoni11/01/2013thank you guys............ you changed my mood :) -_-
- Hp pavilion g4-2049tx or hp pavilion g6-2010ax
Hey there, Please help me to decide :( HP Pavilion G4-2049TX or HP Pavilion G6-2010AX Purpose: Gaming * Video editing Image editing Coding Movie Browsing I was planing to buy HP Pavilion G6-2010AX but it has got heating problem :(
- Hp pavilion g6-2010ax or hp pavilion g6-2103tu
Looking to buy a new laptop, in the price range 35-40k have narrowed down to two choices: 1) HP Pavilion G6-2010AX 2) HP Pavilion G6-2103TU usage will be for everyday use, movies and gaming. both have a good configuration, at this price, the only doubt in my mind is wether to trust an AMD A8 processor or play it safe with the...
- Sam11/12/2012if your budget is 40k, better invest 1-2k more and grab this. you get 3rd gen Core i5 with the same graphics card with Windows 7....
- Jojo11/12/2012[QUOTE=Sam;1800293]if your budget is 40k, better invest 1-2k more and grab this. you get 3rd gen Core i5 with the same graphics card with Windows 7....
- Jojo11/12/2012hey, thanks for the suggestion, i checked out the HP Pavilion G6-2016TX and its pretty good. firstly it has Intel ci5 (3rd gen) which is good since i was not aure about the AMD in the first place. also it has 1GB ATI Mobility Radeon 7670M HD which is decent for playing games! rest of the config is same, just 500GB HDD instead of 1TB , but I...
- Hp pavilion t730i
- Hp pavilion problem
I have HP Pavilion a1320in Media Center PC and I am getting this frequent problem that "Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: \system32\hal.dll. Please re-install a copy of the above file" I have re-installed windows 3 times and after some time I get this error. Please...
- S18000rpm04/07/2007[url]http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_haldll_missing.htm[/url] Boot.ini cud be corrupted [url=http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/ht/repairbootini.htm]How To Repair or Replace Boot.ini in Windows XP[/url] or boot sector has become corrupt due to a virus or some kind of damage or is...