The overall PC shipments for Q3 2016 in India stood at 2.51 million, a quarter on quarter growth of 17.3 percent. The shipments however saw a decline of 22.5 percent from the same quarter last year. The global PC shipments have been declining consistently for more than eight quarters now but India has stood high where the penetration is still low.
The consumer PC market managed to ship 1.37 million units, a solid growth of 31 percent quarter on quarter. The commercial PC segment recorded 1.13 million unit shipments in Q3 2016, a gain of 4.1 percent from last quarter. The consumer notebook segment alone registered a growth of 8.3 percent quarter on quarter, showing the declining interest in desktops.
"With increased consumer confidence; backed by strong festive demand, decent monsoon and positive economic outlook, eventually drove the pockets of investment in the quarter. With favourable domestic macroeconomic scenario spending from enterprises have been positive & anticipate improved spending in upcoming quarter as well” said Manish Yadav, Associate Research Manager, Client Devices, IDC India.
HP continues to be the leader in the segment with an overall market share of 28.8 percent. HP saw a growth of 18.9 percent quarter of quarter, owing to the partial execution of state owned education project. The vendor also registered strong gains in the large format retailer and online sales thanks to festive and back to college season sale.
Dell and Lenovo took second and third spot in the India PC market. Dell managed a market share of 24.1 percent with a growth of 27.6 percent quarter on quarter. The business for Dell was driven by new opportunities on AMD platform and back to college season sale.
At the end of Q3 2016, Lenovo reached market share of 17.5 percent. The OEM saw a growth of 27.3 percent quarter on quarter. Lenovo thrived in the commercial market this quarter with a growth of 10.1 percent quarter on quarter. However, IDC says the PC market is expected to show sluggishness in the coming quarters.
Other Popular Deals
- The 5 best Windows laptops under 30,000 Rs in IndiaFirst look: HP Omen gaming laptop, Pavilion, Spectre
- Dell's new laptops & PCs at Computex 2015A look at Windows 10 devices shown off at Computex 2015
- First look: WPG NuPC (mini PC)Computex 2015: Gigabyte shows off its new gaming laptops
- First Look: Panasonic's newly launched Toughbook and...A look at Google's four new Chromebooks launched in India
- 22 upcoming laptops powered by Intel 5th Gen Broadwell...Computex 2015: ASUS unveils X and K series laptops
- Top 10 Gaming laptops you can buy under 50K (November 2015)Gaming Laptops between Rs. 50000 to Rs. 60000
- 8 Windows Hybrid Laptops you can buy in India todayTop 5 business laptop deals under Rs 40,000 (Jan 2014)
- Upcoming Gaming laptops that will make you droolTop 3 budget laptops under Rs. 30,000 in India