DataWind has launched the DroidSurfer 10” and 7” Netbooks priced at Rs. 7,999 and Rs. 5,999 respectively. Both come bundled with free unlimited internet browsing for one year on Reliance and Telenor connection on prepaid SIM cards. However, this free access does not include audio/video streaming or local downloads. These can be accessed by topping up the SIM card using market plans. The DroidSurfer 10” comes with a 10.1-inch display and 8GB of internal storage, while the DroidSurder 7” comes with a 7-inch display and 5GB of internal storage.
Both come with a front facing camera and run Android Kitkat v4.4.2.
Read the complete press release below
DataWind Inc. (TSX: DW), a leader in the delivery of Internet access in emerging marketshave expanded their portfolio by launching two new DroidSurfer 10” & 7” Netbooks priced at INR 7,999 & 5,999 respectively. The Netbooks were launched in the presence of Kathleen Wynne, Premier of Ontario, Canada.
Headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario and traded as a publicly listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange, DataWind is focused on bridging the digital divide through its breakthrough patented technologies, developed in Canada.
As a leader in low-cost Internet connectivity, Datawind’s mission is to provide Internet access, which has the ability to create tremendous social and economic benefits, to billions of unconnected people. Commenting on the launch Mr. Suneet Singh Tuli, President & CEO of DataWind Inc. said “Our goal is to deliver internet, fast, free, anytime and everywhere. The DriodSurfer netbook devices provide the ultimate flexibility between work and play with good battery life."
The netbooks will make debut in the market through retail distribution outlets all over India. It comes bundled with free unlimited internet browsing for one year on Reliance and Telenor connection on prepaid sim cards. The free-access to internet does not include audio/video streaming or local-downloads, which can alternatively be accessed by topping-up using market plans.
The DroidSurfer 10” & 7” Netbooks are 10.1 & 7 inch tablets, have front facing camera, with android 4.4.2 operating System and tactile responsive keyboards. The DroidSurfer 10” & 7” Netbooks have 8GB, 4GB internal space respectively with features like Wifi Hotspot, Wifi Direct and Support for external devices (KBD/mouse/Mem key).
The launch of the two new DroidSurfer 10” & 7” Netbooks devices from DataWind disrupt the existing affordability conventions and again demonstrate the company’s commitment to true democratization of technology across income groups.
“We want to make learning fun while at the same time want more and more people to join the digital age. Our focus on introduction of ‘just-right’ featured devices at the most affordable prices is our way of contributing to the Digital India Vision,” added Mr.Tuli.
Other Popular Deals
- The 5 best Windows laptops under 30,000 Rs in IndiaFirst look: HP Omen gaming laptop, Pavilion, Spectre
- Dell's new laptops & PCs at Computex 2015A look at Windows 10 devices shown off at Computex 2015
- First look: WPG NuPC (mini PC)Computex 2015: Gigabyte shows off its new gaming laptops
- First Look: Panasonic's newly launched Toughbook and...22 upcoming laptops powered by Intel 5th Gen Broadwell...
- A look at Google's four new Chromebooks launched in IndiaComputex 2015: ASUS unveils X and K series laptops
- Top 10 Gaming laptops you can buy under 50K (November 2015)Gaming Laptops between Rs. 50000 to Rs. 60000
- 8 Windows Hybrid Laptops you can buy in India todayTop 5 business laptop deals under Rs 40,000 (Jan 2014)
- Upcoming Gaming laptops that will make you droolTop 3 budget laptops under Rs. 30,000 in India