The rumoured new version of the Apple Macbook Air will reportedly come with improved Intel processors. According to reports, the refreshed Macbook Air will have either a 2.2 GHz Core i5-5250U, a 2GHz Core i7 chip or a 1.8 GHz Core i5 chip. Along with the new processors Apple Mac Book Air may come with the new USB type C ports. Though, it is unclear whether Apple will save the new USB ports for the a bigger Mac Book Air refresh that is expected to come later in the year.
The processors are based on Intel’s new Broadwell architecture, which were made available to manufacturers in January. Apple will reportedly release the update on February 24. In addition, the company is expected to launch the new 12-inch Macbook Air sometime before the end of March, along with the much awaited Apple Watch.
Rumours last week said that Apple is planning a media event for later this month, where it is expected to showcase new products. This would fit with the February 24 date mentioned above. The company had last updated its range of Macbook Air laptops in April 2014, giving them a 100MHz speed boost and dropping the price by $100.
Other Popular Deals
- The 5 best Windows laptops under 30,000 Rs in IndiaFirst look: HP Omen gaming laptop, Pavilion, Spectre
- Dell's new laptops & PCs at Computex 2015A look at Windows 10 devices shown off at Computex 2015
- First look: WPG NuPC (mini PC)Computex 2015: Gigabyte shows off its new gaming laptops
- First Look: Panasonic's newly launched Toughbook and...A look at Google's four new Chromebooks launched in India
- Computex 2015: ASUS unveils X and K series laptops22 upcoming laptops powered by Intel 5th Gen Broadwell...
- Top 10 Gaming laptops you can buy under 50K (April 2015)Gaming Laptops between Rs. 50000 to Rs. 60000
- 8 Windows Hybrid Laptops you can buy in India todayTop 5 business laptop deals under Rs 40,000 (Jan 2014)
- Upcoming Gaming laptops that will make you droolTop 3 budget laptops under Rs. 30,000 in India