All Apple events this year have been void of anything Mac related, however, it is expected that the new MacBook Pro will be announced in October, along with a new iPad announcement as well.
It would seem that October just might be the month, The Apple Post has gone as far as to predict a specific date as well: 24th October. The timing seems about right, an early October launch wouldn’t make sense right after a September iPhone 7 reveal. But 24 October also happens to be a Monday night, and an unusual day for an Apple event. Adding to that the fact that the site only has anonymous emails as its sources, well, we’re not quite sold.
MacRumors has also released its own report, also claiming that the MacBook Pro 2016 will indeed be announced in October. The site however, has not mentioned a specific release date like The Apple Post. According to the site, the new 15-inch MacBook will feature an OLED strip and will have an AMD Polaris GPU powering the graphics. The post also goes on to suggest that Apple is putting finishing touches on the macOS 10.12.1, in order to support the OLED bar above the keyboard. The OLED bar will offer contextual shortcuts and actions throughout use of the macOS. While the precise October 24 launch date seem flimsy, there is a definite likelihood of some event happening in October. We just don’t know when.
It’s been a while since we’ve seen an upgrade for the MacBook Pro and the Mac fans are getting restless. The iPhone 7event on September 7 didn’t give them any news about an upcoming Mac and was focused solely on mobile with the iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus and Watch 2 claiming the spotlight all evening. MacBook fans have been hoping for a new Mac announcement but have been left disappointed, first at Apple’s spring event in March, then again at WWDC 2016 on June 13 and now at the iPhone 7 event. So when is the MacBook Pro 2016 going to come out?
Other Popular Deals
- The 5 best Windows laptops under 30,000 Rs in IndiaFirst look: HP Omen gaming laptop, Pavilion, Spectre
- Dell's new laptops & PCs at Computex 2015A look at Windows 10 devices shown off at Computex 2015
- First look: WPG NuPC (mini PC)Computex 2015: Gigabyte shows off its new gaming laptops
- First Look: Panasonic's newly launched Toughbook and...A look at Google's four new Chromebooks launched in India
- Computex 2015: ASUS unveils X and K series laptops22 upcoming laptops powered by Intel 5th Gen Broadwell...
- Top 10 Gaming laptops you can buy under 50K (November 2015)Gaming Laptops between Rs. 50000 to Rs. 60000
- 8 Windows Hybrid Laptops you can buy in India todayTop 5 business laptop deals under Rs 40,000 (Jan 2014)
- Upcoming Gaming laptops that will make you droolTop 3 budget laptops under Rs. 30,000 in India