Apple's refreshed MacBook Pro is finally available in India. The 2016 Macbook Pro, the first big refresh to the MacBook Pro series was announced in October and now Apple has silently made it available in India.
Apple Macbook Pro 2016 is a radical redesign of one of the most powerful notebook available in the market. Apple's refreshed MacBook Pro follows on the design language first seen with the 2015 MacBook. The new MacBook Pro notebooks are considerably thin yet feature pro-grade processor and graphics chipset.
The biggest addition with the new MacBook Pro is the Touch Bar. Apple has replaced the row of function key with an OLED touchstrip that offers intuitive controls based on the current application. Holding the Control button converts the Touch Bar into an actual function row. The Touch Bar also integrates Touch ID, which works just like iPhone and iPad.
Apple MacBook Pro 2016 is available in 13-inch and 15-inch screen sizes. The 15-inch MacBook Pro gets Touch ID as standard while the 13-inch variant can be availed with or without Touch Bar. The 13-inch MacBook Pro without Touch Bar basically replaces the MacBook Air but Apple has not confirmed whether MacBook Air will ever be refreshed in near future.
The 13-inch MacBook Pro comes with Retina class resolution of 2560 x 1600 pixels. The display's maximum brightness is 500 nits and supports Apple's P3 wide colour gamut. The notebook can be configured with up to 8GB RAM, sixth-gen Intel Core i5 and 512GB SSD storage. Apple has opted for standard Intel Graphics here.
With the new MacBook Pro, Apple has also ditched the traditional ports in favour of USB-C with Thunderbolt 3 support. The 13-inch MacBook Pro without Touch Bar offers only two USB-C ports while the one with Touch Bar jumps up to four USB-C ports.
The 15-inch MacBook Pro is the real Pro machine here. The display offers a native resolution of 2880 x 1800 pixels, along with support for wide colour gamut. The notebook comes standard with 16GB RAM but can be configured with 256 or 512GB SSD storage. The variant with 256GB storage gets Intel Core i7 clocked at 2.6GHz while the 512GB variant is powered by 2.7GHz Intel Core i7 processor. The notebooks also offer discrete graphics in the form of Radeon Pro 450 or Radeon Pro 455 with 2GB GDDR5 memory.
Apple's new MacBook Pro also offers redesigned keyboard and trackpad. The notebook gets a shallower keyboard with butterfly mechanism, which might not appeal to everyone. The touchpad is larger than the previous generations and offers force touch support. The 13-inch MacBook Pro without Touch Bar is priced at Rs 1,29,900 while the one with Touch Bar will set you back by Rs 1,55,900. The 15-inch MacBook Pro with Touch Bar starts at Rs 2,05,900 and goes all the way up to 2,41,900.
Other Popular Deals
- The 5 best Windows laptops under 30,000 Rs in IndiaFirst look: HP Omen gaming laptop, Pavilion, Spectre
- Dell's new laptops & PCs at Computex 2015A look at Windows 10 devices shown off at Computex 2015
- First look: WPG NuPC (mini PC)Computex 2015: Gigabyte shows off its new gaming laptops
- First Look: Panasonic's newly launched Toughbook and...A look at Google's four new Chromebooks launched in India
- 22 upcoming laptops powered by Intel 5th Gen Broadwell...Computex 2015: ASUS unveils X and K series laptops
- Top 10 Gaming laptops you can buy under 50K (November 2015)Gaming Laptops between Rs. 50000 to Rs. 60000
- 8 Windows Hybrid Laptops you can buy in India todayTop 5 business laptop deals under Rs 40,000 (Jan 2014)
- Upcoming Gaming laptops that will make you droolTop 3 budget laptops under Rs. 30,000 in India