World's most popular video streaming website, YouTube, is about to receive some new upgrades that will enhance the users' video watching experience. Google has announced that the site will soon get support for playing clips at 48 and 60 frames-per-second. This announcement has created a lot of excitement among gamers who upload their video game footage onto the site.
In order to have your videos playback at 60fps, you will need to make sure that the 1080p resolution is selected.
Other than the upgrade in frame-rate support, YouTube will also receive a host of new features:
Fan Funding: YouTube is soon going to integrate services like KickStarter, IndieGogo, Patreon etc. which will help users contribute money to support a channel of a YouTube user at any time. This feature is still being tested and will soon land on desktop and Android.
Subtitles from fans: YouTube will also support a new feature through which fans of your videos will be able to submit translations in any language on the subtitles or captions that you have created. This will help users who are unfamiliar with the language of a particular video understand it which can further help get more viewers.
New audio library and sound effects: Users will now have access to thousands of royalty-free sound effects to use in their videos. Many new tracks have also been added to the existing Audio Library.
YouTube Creator Studio: The new Creator Studio will help users manage and view analytics of their videos. A new app is also available for Android to bring all the easy access to mobile phones. The app will also launch on iOS soon. A redesigned Creator Studio will also debut on the desktop soon.
Some other notable upgrades include support for new information cards and more enhanced playlists.
All these new features were announced by YouTube at the ongoing VidCon 2014.
Source: YouTube Creator Blog
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- On International Internet Day, know your internet15 must have chrome extensions
- 10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow10 reasons to trust Azure with your data
- 15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks