Twitter has started rolling out 'while you were away' feature that will give a recap of the all the tweets that the user may have missed. The new feature will help the micro blogging site increase user engagement.
"While you were away’ feature is similar to Facebook’s Timeline and is the first major non-chronological feature to hit Twitter. Twitter had announced in November that it would look at the "‘best’ tweets from your network since you last opened Twitter, and put them at the top of your timeline so you don’t miss them."
“Every time you open the Twitter app, you’ll see something great,” it said of the new feature, which was announced at the same time as ‘instant timeline’, which is expected to be launched in early 2015.
Twitter has recently released new features to improve user engagement and make the site easy to use for new users. It recently added Instagram like photo filters to give users more control over how their images look. Users can check how their images with the intensity slider that reveals thumbnails of how photos will look. You will get options like Radiant, Positive, Warm, Golden and Stark.
The micro blogging site has also rolled out a new feature that lets users send private tweets to their friends. The feature is called “Share via Direct Message" and will allow users to share public tweets with their friends via Direct Messages on Android and iOS. With these new features the micro blogging site will compete with social media giant Facebook as well as messaging apps like Facebook owned Whatsapp and Viber.
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- 15 must have chrome extensions15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks
- 10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow10 reasons to trust Azure with your data