Twitter has rolled out embedded linked tweets inside tweets on the web. The feature allows you to write a message and embed a link to the tweet within the message.
The feature creates a graphical presentation of the message you're referencing instead of an cluttered URL. The move makes tweets appear more streamlined in your timeline, and allows you to get the essence of a linked tweet immediately without having to click through to find out. The feature also gives users more space to comment on articles. Embedded Tweets was launched for iOS and Android mobile apps last month and has i now be rolled out to users on Twitter.com.
Twitter is also working on new experiments to improve user engagements. CNBC’s Eli Langer spotted Twitter for iOS app was giving recommendations for who to follow. Twitter recently added support for animated GIF's on its desktop, Android and iOS platforms. Users can play the GIF's by pressing a play button accompanied with the GIF or just click on the tweet to view them.
The Micro blogging site has also introduced a new dedicated WhatsApp share button that lets you share directly the tweet on WhatsApp. The company aims to engage the 500 million active WhatsApp users with the new feature.
It seems that Twitter's experiments and new features are working. The company's second quarter financial results announced yesterday have shown a strong user growth. The company's monthly active users rose 24 percent to 271 million and its advertisement revenue has more than doubled to $277 million in the quarter ended June 30.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- 15 must have chrome extensions15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks
- 10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow10 reasons to trust Azure with your data