Twitter has announced a new timeline feature that will display the most relevant tweets on top, in reverse chronological order. The feature is aimed at helping users catch up with the best and most important tweets from the people they follow. The remaining tweets will be displayed below. Twitter will be activating the feature for users in the coming weeks, and to try out the feature now, users can go to the timeline section of settings and choose, ‘Show me the best Tweets first’.
Twitter claims that people who use this new feature tend to tweet and retweet more, which creates more live commentary and conversations. On Twitter’s official blog, Mike Jahr, Senior Engineering Manager said, “We love it and think you will too. If you don’t, send your thoughts our way, and you can easily turn it off in settings. We think this is a great way to get even more out of Twitter and we’re excited for you to experience it.” As of now, there has been no word on whether this feature will initially be region-specific, so we expect it to be a global rollout.
Twitter also says that the new feature would be helpful for brands. The company says that it conducted tests, which showed an increase in engagement for organic tweets posted by brands as well as an increase in engagement for tweets about live events. It also said that promoted accounts and tweets will continue to work the same way as before.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- 15 must have chrome extensions15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks
- 10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow10 reasons to trust Azure with your data