Seattle-based mobile marketing research firm Tune recently surveyed an active group of 145 million mobile users in India, to study their usage trends. The research studied the type of apps people download, the type of usage, ratio of in-app purchases made and ad-based revenue generated by the applications based on usage. Here is the detailed infographics on the research data:
According to the study, games form the largest amount of app downloads in India, followed by social media and communication, and lifestyle apps. In terms of regional usage, Maharashtra and Haryana (Delhi NCR) lead in terms of number of apps downloaded, with Delhi users the highest in-app purchasers. West Bengal and Tamil Nadu lead in utilising the applications installed, i.e., opening and using an app after installing it.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- 15 must have chrome extensions15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks
- 10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow10 reasons to trust Azure with your data