A recent report by Piper Jaffray has found that social networking giant Facebook is losing popularity among teens as more and more youngsters are turning to Instagram and Twitter for their social media needs.
Piper Jaffray’s survey 'Taking Stock with Teens' was conducted over 7,200 US teenagers. The report says that in Spring 72 percent of surveyed teens were using Facebook, while now that number has decreased to 45 percent among teenagers aged 13 to 19 years. The report found that Instagram usage among teens has increased from 69% to 76% with 38% of teens stating that Instagram would be the best marketing channel to reach them. Surprisingly the survey did not include popular networking sites Vine or Snapchat.
Analysts noted that their has been an increase in popularity of Apple products this year with 67% of them own an iPhone, compared to 61% in the spring. Nearly 73% of the teens were planning to buy an iPhone as their next smartphone, while 66% of participants use the iPad. However only 16% of the teenagers were interested in the Apple watch. The report also found that Android's popularity amongst teens was also declining with from 24 pc to 19 pc from April.
Last year similar reports had emerged with Facebook stating that it was seeing a "decrease in daily users, specifically among teens". Facebook stated that approximately $18 billion of its market value was wiped out due to the decrease in usage by teens. In January researchers from Princeton University conducted a study that stated Facebook will lose 80 percent of its users between 2015 to 2017. Read: Ello, the anti-Facebook private social network generates buzz
Source: Washington Post
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurity
- Why you won't need cable or DTH in 2017On International Internet Day, know your internet
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks15 must have chrome extensions