Tata Unistore, a business venture by the Tata Group has announced the launch of its new e-commerce platform called Tata CLiQ. It will provide an omni-channel shopping experience by offering services through its online platform as well as its brick-and-mortar stores. Tata CLiQ will be officially released on May 27, 2016 as a website, mobile site and mobile app for Android and iOS.
Initially, the platform will offer apparel, electronics and footwear, and is planning on expanding into various other categories later. It is worth mentioning that the Tata conglomerate has its presence in the retail sector through its arms Trent and Infiniti Retail. Trent operates Westside and Landmark chain of stores, and Infiniti Retail operates Croma. Titan watches and the Titan perfume range are also a part of its portfolio and we can expect to see all these brands on CLiQ.
“Clique and Click came together to form the perfect name for our platform, which curates authentic and exclusive products for customers with impeccable taste. A name that says shopping online is now so easy and trustworthy, that all it takes is a click”, said Ashutosh Pandey, Chief Executive Officer, Tata CLiQ. He added, “The ‘Q’ in the logo represents a magnifying glass – a visual representation of the brand’s focus on curating only the best brands and products.”
It is interesting to note that, Indian business conglomerates are jumping onto the e-commerce bandwagon. Online fashion retail platforms, abof.com by Aditya Birla Group and Ajio by Reliance were also launched over the past six months. It will be interesting to see how the likes of Flipkart, Snapdeal and Amazon fair against India's homegrown brands.
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- 15 must have chrome extensions15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks
- 10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow10 reasons to trust Azure with your data