Remember PSY's Gangnam Style? Well, the most popular video in YouYube history has now surpassed 2 billion views on the video sharing network. Moreover, it is the first video to accomplish this feat.
The official video for South Korean rapper-singer PSY's hit was uploaded to YouTube on July 15. In just over five months, "Gangnam Style" went past YouTube mega-hits Justin Bieber's "Baby", Jennifer Lopez's "On the Floor", and the venerable "Charlie Bit My Finger". On December 21, Gangnam Style became the first video to reach 1 billion YouTube views.
At the time of writing this article, Gangnam Style has about 2,003,512,535 views, with 8,350,382 likes and 1,041,485 dislikes and 5,193,335 comments. The descriptor has added another dancer (GIF) to mark the 2 billion views (earlier there was one 1 dancer). You can check out PSY’s Gangnam Style video below:
YouTube has emerged a huge platform for new media as well as mainstream media. The social network has given an opportunity to indie artists and performers to showcase their talent to a wider range of audience. Also read: The Viral Effect: Is there a magic formula to go viral on the Web?
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- On International Internet Day, know your internet15 must have chrome extensions
- 10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow10 reasons to trust Azure with your data
- 15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks