South Indian Actor Mohanlal's official blog was hacked by Pakistan based ‘team cyber warriors’. The blog displayed an image of the Pakistani flag with 'Free Kashmir' message.
The hacked blog displayed Pakistan’s flag and a message that read, “We (will) never forget what you did against humanity. In Jammu and Kashmir, millions of people are dead. Indian forces killed Kashmiri families, killed innocent children. But no one cared! Your bank accounts, credit cards, servers are in danger.” The last line of the message said, “Dear admins, we just wanted to publish this message. Muslims are not terrorists”.
The blog was restored after 20 minutes and the matter is being investigated by Kerala cyber cell. A source close to Mohanlal told the news site, “They didn’t hack the site, but they only attempted it. The message from the hackers appeared only for three minutes. The moment the alert appeared, we could tackle the issue and the site was restored immediately.”
Hacking Celebrity and government websites and accounts has been on the rise. Recently hackers attacked Apple accounts of a number of celebrities, stole their nude photos and posted them on the Internet. According to a recent report Bhartiya Janta Party’s (BJP) portal and the personal website of Prime Minister Narendra Modi are among India’s most targeted sites by hackers. To curb cyber attacks, the Indian government is planning to start using its own secure email service by March 2015. Department of Electronics and Information Technology (DeitY) plans to launch an encrypted email service for 5 million government officials in the country.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- On International Internet Day, know your internetWeird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...
- 15 must have chrome extensions15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks
- 10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow10 reasons to trust Azure with your data