Opera Mini browser is now available for Windows Phone platform. The company had launched a beta version of the browser a few months back. The Windows Phone version of the browser comes with most of the features available on Android.
Opera Mini for Windows Phone features Data Savings, saved pages for offline reading, speed dial for favorite sites, and lots more. The browser sports native look and feel, gives daily, weekly or monthly view of your data savings, improved download manager and support to save and preview your favorite websites with Speed Dial and bookmarks. “Delivering the Opera Mini you expect on your Windows Phone is just the beginning. Over the next few months, you will see additional improvements that will help you do more online with your Windows Phone,” says Opera. Download Opera Mini for Windows Phone. To learn more check out the FAQ section.
Opera's new Windows Phone browser come shortly after a report claimed Opera Mini consumes on an average 14% less battery and 89% less data when compared to other mobile browsers. The report is based on testing performed by Cigniti Technologies, an independent software testing services company. This announcement is part of a performance benchmarking and independent testing report for data and battery consumed by different browsers. The tests evaluated the performance of Opera Mini against other leading mobile browsers such as Chrome, UC browser, CM browser and UC Mini on Wi-Fi, 2G and 3G networks in India.
It's notable Google has also optimised its Chrome browser for slower data connections such as 2G for web pages to load faster. Targeted at the emerging markets such as India, Brazil and Indonesia, the new feature also focusses on saving data. The feature was announced at the Google I/O 2015.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurity
- Why you won't need cable or DTH in 2017On International Internet Day, know your internet
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks15 must have chrome extensions