Netflix, the US-based internet tvWhere to buy 3000 5999 giant, is set to start services in India by 2016, according to a report published by the Times of India. India already has a number of service providers in the Internet TV segment, like Hotstar, BigFlix and Hooq. With expanding 4G internet connectivity and increasing number of users streaming content, the Internet TV market has great growth prospects.
Netflix has a worldwide base of 62 million subscribers across 41 nations, and confirmed services in Italy, Portugal, Spain and Iceland by the end of 2015, and Czech Republic by 2016. Its major stronghold lies in the United States, with around 40 million subscribers in the U.S. alone. With India being marked as one of the largest and fastest growing nations in terms of Internet use, smartphone sales and online content streaming, internet tvWhere to buy 3000 5999 seems like the next big option for viewers to enjoy on-demand movies, shows and concerts.
Although there has not yet been an official confirmation regarding the launch of services in India, Netflix is believed to have discussed business models for India, along with HBO. Singapore-based Hooq offers similar services in India, for Rs. 199 per month. Audio streaming services have recently grown in popularity, with a lot of users subscribing to Rdio and Saavn, and Apple Music coming soon. While audio streaming is relatively less expensive, streaming videos might turn out to be expensive because of data limitations and charges in India.
DTH service providers are reportedly wary of Netflix arriving in India, according to ToI. They are reportedly looking to provide varied services apart from television content, to keep their market share intact.
Source: The Times of India
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurity
- Why you won't need cable or DTH in 2017On International Internet Day, know your internet
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks15 must have chrome extensions