Mozilla has released Firefox 37 browser for desktop (Windows, OS X, and Linux) and Android platforms. The new update adds improves security, download performance, bug fixes and more.
Firefox 37 for Android introduces six new locales including Albanian, Burmese, Lower Sorbian, Upper Sorbian, Songhai and Uzbek. The update also improves download performance with new download manager back-end. The mobile version also shows page address instead of page title by default and the Android home screen shortcut now opens existing tab instead of a new tab in Firefox 37 for mobile. Mozilla has added a technology called opportunistic encryption, which is meant to encrypt sensitive data for additional security.
In the desktop platform, the Firefox 37 browser sets Yandex as the default search engine for Turkey, while Bing search will now be using HTTPS for secure searching. Mozilla browser's new OneCRL centralised certificate revocation will handle fake and fraud websites. The company has also added a new Heartbeat user rating system for users to provide feedback about Firefox in the new update. Mozilla states, "Heartbeat ties user perception to technical information so we can take your feedback and feed that into future Firefox releases."
Apart from these changes, the Firefox 37 update also brings conventional stability/performance enhancements, bug fixes and multiple developer level changes. Desktop users can download Firefox 37 from Firefox.com, and all existing users should be able to upgrade to it automatically. The Android version of the browser is being rolled out slowly on Google Play.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurity
- Why you won't need cable or DTH in 2017On International Internet Day, know your internet
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks15 must have chrome extensions