Microsoft opened up extensions for Microsoft Edge for testers back in March this year. At that time Microsoft announced that it will build Ad Blocking features into the Edge browser, but later clarified that Ad Blocking will be supported via extensions. Now though, the Adblock extension is being made available in the latest version of the Insider Preview. In the Windows 10 Insider Preview build 14332, users can install the AdBlock and Adblock Plus ad-blocking extensions from the Microsoft store for the Edge browser.
While the browser extensions are currently only available on the Windows 10 Preview build, we can expect it to come to general users in the Windows 10 Anniversary Update. The Windows 10 anniversary update is expected to be released in June or July this year. The update will be free and will be available for all Windows 10 users. Announced at the build conference, the anniversary update will bring bots and and new universal apps to the operating system. Microsoft also confirmed that Cortana will also receive a big update. Adblock and Adblock Plus are not the only extensions for the Edge browser available for Preview users. Windows 10 Preview users can also check out extensions like Microsoft Translate, Reddit Enhancement Suite, Mouse Gestures, Pin It Button and more.
Windows 10, which is awaiting a big update later this year will become paid from July 30. So, if you are running on a legal version of Windows 7 or 8 or 8.1, you are still eligible for a free Windows 10 upgrade till July 30. After that the upgrade will cost users $119 or more (Rs. 8,000 approximately).
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurity
- Why you won't need cable or DTH in 2017On International Internet Day, know your internet
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks15 must have chrome extensions