Facebook founder, Mark Zuckerberg, had his Pinterest and Twitter accounts compromised. The hacker group OurMine has claimed responsibility for the same. Earlier reports stated that Zuckerberg’s Instagram accounts were also hacked, but Facebook confirmed to VentureBeat, that this wasn’t true.
While it isn’t certain how OurMine got access to these accounts, the group claimed that the hack was possible because of a LinkedIn hack a few weeks ago, where passwords were published online. It would seem Mark Zuckerberg was amongst those hacks, and that the Facebook founder reused his LinkedIn password on other social networks.
Twitter reacted by immediately by suspending the account, and later restoring it after removing the tweets made by the hacker group. Pinterest has also restored access to the account after removing the defaced posts. It’s also interesting to note that OurMine also had their Twitter account suspended, which they used for making the claim in the first place.
Zuckerberg isn’t the first celebrity whose accounts have been hacked either. Jack Black and Katy Perry were recently victims of cyber attacks as well.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurity
- Why you won't need cable or DTH in 2017On International Internet Day, know your internet
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks15 must have chrome extensions