Hackers from India and Pakistan have started a full-blown hacking and defacement online war which has affected over a dozen websites in both countries.
Pakistani hackers defaced the website of the Press Club of India (PCI) with a message on the website's home page claiming Pakistani origin. Singer Sonu Nigam's official website and teammodi.in were also defaced by a group claiming to be "Pakistan Cyber Attackers". Two Punjabi news websites have also been hacked.
A hacker group calling itself "Indian Hackers Online Squad" hacked and defaced the website of the Pakistan People's Party (PPP). A hacker Zukr@in, posted a message on Pakistan People’s Party's stating: "To Citizens of Pakistan, Pakistan's Army, Pakistan Peoples Party and Specially Mr. Bilawal Bhutto- Zardari. Without any Violence Let Me tell you that Pakistan will never Get Kashmir. This is the Truth. You Have to Accept it :)"
Recently Malayalam films actor Mohanlal's official blog was hacked by a group called Pakistan cyber crime, in retaliation an Indian hackers group called "The Mallu soldiers" defaced the website of Pakistan's National University of Modern Languages.
Apart from that over a dozen websites were hacked by bloggers from both sides, including the Pakistan Electric Power Company (Private) Limited (www.pepco.gov.pk) and National Manpower Bureau (www.nmb.com.pk).
Indo-Pak friendship group Aaghaz-E-Dosti has urged netizens not to ignite the tension. In a statement the group said, "We must know that for both the countries, peace is of utmost importance and also our common need is being focused on development rather than spending huge money of taxes for arms and ammunition...We believe that any dispute can be resolved only by talk and mutual negotiation and agreements and not with violence."
A recent CERT-In report says that the agency handled over 62000 cyber attacks on Indian websites in the first five months of this year. The report says "Most of the defacements were under '.in' domain, in which a total 15490 '.in' domain websites were defaced."
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurity
- Why you won't need cable or DTH in 2017On International Internet Day, know your internet
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks15 must have chrome extensions