Back in November last year, Facebook had said that India could soon become its largest market after the U.S. and Indonesia. Well, it seems Facebook's predictions are coming true, as India has now toppled Indonesia from the second spot in terms of the highest number of Facebook users. According to a Forbes report, India has a total of 43,497,980 Facebook users, compared to 43,060,360 in Indonesia as on February 1, 2012.
Over the past 12 months, Facebook has seen a remarkable growth in India. India had a total 16,915,900 Facebook users as on January 1, 2011. And by the end of 2011, Facebook saw a massive 144 per cent growth in India. In just one year, India jumped from 6th spot to the no.2, according to Total Facebook Users (Global) list.
Well, you may find India's growth massive but Facebook user growth in Brazil is even more overwhelming. Brazil now ranks fourth in terms of the highest number of Facebook users with a growth rate of 183 per cent! The South American nation had 13,409,220 Facebook users as on February 1, 2011. In one-year span, the total reached to 37,907,400. The U.S., meanwhile, has maintained its top spot on Facebook with some 19 per cent of the total Facebook users share.
- Facebook set to file for $5bn IPO; expects $100bn valuation
- Facebook, Google and others help develop antiphishing standard - DMARC
- Facebook Timeline to become default profile in next few weeks
- Survey reveals social media slowly losing its charm with Indian youth
- Don't Be Evil bookmarklet refines Google "Search plus Your World"
- Facebook predicted to have 1 billion users by August 2012