The Government of India has launched the Government e-Marketplace (GeM), a website that is aimed at facilitating the procurement of Goods and Services required by the various departments of the government. It is hoped that the this will help reduce corruption and bring transparency to the system. Further, the e-marketplace will also offer tools for e-bidding and reverse e-auction. The types of goods/services that can be procured via GeM include desktop computers, laptops, UPS, air conditioners and the hiring of services.
The advantages of using GeM is that buyers will get to choose from a list of products for individual categories as well as search, compare, select and buy. Further, the process is transparent and buyers will be able to rate the vendor. Further, there is also an easy return policy. In turn, the sellers will get direct access to all government departments and new product suggestion facility. Sellers will also be able to change prices based on market conditions and will also get a dashboard that will allow them to monitor supplies and payments.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- On International Internet Day, know your internet15 must have chrome extensions
- 10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow10 reasons to trust Azure with your data
- 15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks