Google has rolled out update 8.3 for Google Maps. The update brings Hindi support including voice navigation, some regular bug fixes and improved navigation notifications on Android wear.
Google recently launched Google Maps for Hindi speakers and the addition of the language for voice navigation will make Google maps more useful. The internet giant has also optimised its voice search for Indian accent to help improve search experience for Indian users. The improved notification on Wear devices will help the users who own Android wearables, but this number is still very less.
Google Maps 8.2 update was rolled out six weeks back, which included a new biking elevation feature and comes with voice actions in navigation mode. The app even compares multiple routes in the search interface.
Google recently acquired travel app maker Jetpac for an undisclosed sum. The social travel app maker uses pictures from different social networking sites to create city guides. Jetpac's Spotter app lets users identify objects in real-time by pointing their phone at them. It uses 'Deep Belief Object Recognition' to identify what the object is. According to reports Google may use Jetpac's Technology in Google Maps and Google Now.
Recently Samsung dropped Google Maps and partnered with Nokia to provide its Here maps and location services to Tizen-powered smart devices. Samsung's Gear S will now come with HERE maps. Nokia in a statement said, “HERE has partnered with Samsung to bring its maps and location platform services to Tizen-powered smart devices by Samsung, including the Samsung Gear S.”
Source: Android Police
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- On International Internet Day, know your internet15 must have chrome extensions
- 10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow10 reasons to trust Azure with your data
- 15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks