Google Drive now offers users access to photos and videos in their Google+ photos accounts. The updated Google Drive is available to Android, iOS and web users.
The photos uploaded via Google+ in Google Drive, can be easily managed via a new Google Photos tab. Google+ offers Photos tools to users including automatic enhancements of color balance and exposure, as well as other organizational tools.
To view your photos on Google Drive, users just have to open the app and bring up the side menu. Users will see a new Photos option near the top with the same Google Photos logo. Google states in a blog post that users will be able to view their photo library in Google Drive in a few weeks.
Google states in a blog post, "You’ll start seeing your photos in Drive today — immediately if they’re new, and a few weeks for your entire library."
Accessing Google+ photos from Google Drive will help make it much more accessible and useful for those who are already using Google+ as a backup destination for pictures snapped on their mobile device. Users will now also be able to auto backup pictures directly to Drive, without the need of using Google+ at all.
Google has recently split its Google+ service in Photos and Streams. The products will be headed by Bradley Horowitz, a product VP at Google. The internet giant Google+ social network never really took off and rumors about the product shutting down has been making the rounds for a while now. According to reports Google is planning to gradually Phase out the Google+ service.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- On International Internet Day, know your internet15 must have chrome extensions
- 10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow10 reasons to trust Azure with your data
- 15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks