Google is celebrating the opening of the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow with a doodle on its homepage. The doodle features athletes in action, over a green background. Clicking on the doodle will take you to the Google search on the 'Common Wealth Games 2014 Opening Ceremony.'
Unlike previous doodle for Olympics and the FIFA World Cup, the Common Wealth Games 2014 Doodle is not interactive. The doodle shows Google's logo completely replaced by the athletes and highlights the games including men’s wrestling, a hammer thrower, two cyclists, a badminton player and a bowler. The Games this year are being held from July 23 to August 3, 2014 in Glasgow, Scotland. The games will be inaugurated at Celtic Park stadium, while the closing ceremony will be held at Hampden Park on August 3. The motto for the Common Wealth Games 2014 is 'People, Place, Passion'.
Commonwealth games is third largest multi-sport event in the world, after Olympics and Asian Games. Britain’s Queen Elizabeth II who is the official Head of the Commonwealth, will open the Games. A total of 71 nations will be participating in the games. It will see 4,560 competing athletes in 17 different sports at the games.
Google's doodle for FIFA World Cup 2014 showcased a football bounce onto the screen, in the green and yellow in the host nation Brazil's official flag. In the doodle, Google's logo has tiny arms and legs which start bouncing up and down and in the background a view of Rio de Janeiro unfolds.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- 15 must have chrome extensions15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks
- 10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow10 reasons to trust Azure with your data