Google celebrates Children's Day with a doodle created by Pune's Vaidehi Reddy, who was announced as the winner of 'Doodle 4 Google'. Vaidehi painted a picture of ‘Natural and Cultural Paradise – Assam’.
Google's Children's Day doodle shows the colorful and beautiful landscape of Assam. It features Assam's famous wildlife- the one-horned rhinoceros and the tiger. The doodle also highlights tea bags denoting Assam's tea gardens and a woman performing the regional bihu dance.
"The northeast does not get its due. People should visit the region as it has so much to offer," said Vaidehi. "Tourists visit Goa and other places. Assam is unique. The trees there are different from those I have seen elsewhere. The first thing that comes to my mind when I think of Assam is its natural beauty," she added.
Doodle for Google contest is held across 50 cities and 1700 schools in India. The annual contest is held by Google ahead of the Children's Day and the winning entry is displayed on the Google homepage on November 14. The contests theme this year was 'a place in India I wish to visit'. The internet giant received an unprecedented 1 million entries for this year's competition.
Rajan Anandan, VP & MD of Google India stated, "Doodle4Gooogle is the perfect platform for the youth of India to showcase their talent on an international platform. The response of over 1 million entries is indeed overwhelming and the talent which has surfaced through entries is remarkable. We at Google are extremely encouraged by the fact that entries this year have come from across the country which is a clear indication that we are well underway to taking the internet to the next billion."
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- On International Internet Day, know your internetWeird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...
- 15 must have chrome extensions15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks
- 10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow10 reasons to trust Azure with your data