Google today celebrates 125th birth anniversary of Mexico-born painter Diego Rivera with a dedicated doodle on its home page. Diego Rivera was a well-known artist born in Guanajuato, Guanajuato, an active communist, and husband of popular painter Frida Kahlo. Rivera's large wall works are given credit for the revival of fresco painting in Latin America.
Today's Google doodle depicts the Mexican artist painting a mural with a faint hint of the Google logo on the background. When clicked, the doodle takes you search result page with Diego Rivera as keyword. The Diego Rivera doodle is a static one, unlike some of the commemorative dynamic and interactive doodles we saw in case of Les Paul and Freddie Mercury.
Check out some of the recent doodles:
- Google celebrates 176th birthday of Mark Twain with Tom Sawyer doodle
- Google celebrates 224th birthday of Louis Daguerre with daguerreotype doodle
- Google India celebrates Children's Day with Varsha's musical instrument doodle
- Google doodle celebrates 100th birthday of famous Walt Disney artist Mary Blair
- Google celebrates Art Clokey's 90th birthday with a Gumby doodle
- Google enters its teen years, celebrates with cake, balloons and doodle
Vote and Win!
Digit Icons of Trust 2011 Survey
Visit http://thinkdigit.com/trust to vote for your favorite tech brands in India.
Survey participation gives you a chance to win exciting gifts like wireless input devices, earphones and special edition Digit branded T-shirts.
As an appreciation of your valuable time and input, every participant will receive an assured gift in the form of Digit discount vouchers.
We encourage you to participate in multiple surveys to increase your chances of winning more goodies.