Google Australia has come out with a Doodle, paying respects to Australian cricketer Phil Hughes. The cricketer died yesterday due to a head injury caused by a bouncer during a Sheffield shield match at the Sydney Cricket Ground (SSG).
The Google Doodle put up by Google Australia shows a bat rested on a wall. A social media campaign, #putoutyourbats, in honor of the late cricketer, has also sprung up on Twitter. Phil Hughes represented the Australian National team in 26 test matches.
The 25 year old cricketer, was attempting to play a pull shot when a bouncer from pacer Sean Abbott hit him on the back of his skull. Phil Hughes collapsed on the field and was rushed to a hospital where he underwent surgery. But despite many efforts of the doctors, the cricketer was not able to recover and succumbed to his injury.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- 15 must have chrome extensions15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks
- 10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow10 reasons to trust Azure with your data