It seems like next year’s flagship devices might offer internet speeds that rival those of your wired computer. During its 4G/5G Summit in Hong Kong, Qualcomm a new X16 LTE modem that is capable of download speeds of up to 1Gbps. The chip is first used on the Netgear Mobile Router MR1100. Further, the company also announced Telstra’s new Gigabit Class LTE network which is enabled by Ericsson. It was noted that Telstra will now complete device, network and user testing ahead of the commercial launch in the coming months.
“Achieving the world’s first Gigabit Class LTE download speeds between a mobile device and commercial ready network is another industry achievement towards the availability of Gigabit LTE services,” stated Serge Willenegger, Senior Vice President, Qualcomm Technologies. “Qualcomm Technologies has long been a leader in LTE, pioneering many of the building blocks for 3G and 4G and now paving the way to 5G. We’re excited to celebrate this milestone with our partners and to demonstrate our leadership in the commercialization of key technologies that will be foundational elements of future 5G deployments.”
It is possible that this the X16 LTE modem will be used in Qualcomm’s upcoming flagship grade 800 series (possibly the Snapdragon 830). Besides this, the company also unveiled three new low and mid-range chipsets in the 600 and 400 series. This includes the Snapdragon 653, 626 and 427 SOCs.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurity
- Why you won't need cable or DTH in 2017On International Internet Day, know your internet
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks15 must have chrome extensions