Flipkart has launched a new subscription service for users. Called the Flipkart First, customers pay up a subscription fee of Rs. 500 per year to get free standard delivery, free in a day delivery, same day delivery at discounted price and priority customer service.
Flipkart First's services are available only on purchases from seller WS Retail, as of now. “Certain Flipkart First benefits such as free In-a-Day Guarantee Delivery and discounted Same Day Guarantee Delivery are only available in select pincodes across India. We suggest you check with your location's pincode at www.flipkart.com/faster-delivery.
Also, these benefits along with Free Standard Delivery is applicable on Flipkart First eligible products only, which are products by seller WS RetaIl as of now,” explains Flipkart on its website.
Check out below some of the Flipkart First's subscription benefits:
Subscribers to the Service get access to free In-a-Day Guarantee Delivery, free Standard delivery, Same Day Guarantee Delivery at a discounted price of Rs. 70/- (Rupees Seventy only) and Priority Customer Service.
Free In-a-Day Guarantee Delivery, free Standard delivery, Same Day Guarantee Delivery at a discounted price of Rs.70 are available on purchases from select Certified Sellers.
As a member of Flipkart First, you are eligible for priority customer service.
Learn more about Flipkart First here.
Flipkart's new service is very similar to Amazon's Prime subscription service in the US. The Amazon Prime offers several benefits – FREE Two-Day Shipping for eligible purchases, unlimited access to stream movies and TV shows in Prime Instant Video, and the ability to borrow books from the Kindle Owners' Lending Library for $99 a year. Learn more about Amazon Prime here.
Flipkart's new service comes amid growing competition in the e-commerce segment in the country. Major e-commerce websites such as Flipkart, Snapdeal and Amazon India are battling it out with their speedy delivery offerings. While Flipkart already offers in a day and same day delivery schemes, Snapdeal has also launched its same-day delivery service.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurity
- Why you won't need cable or DTH in 2017On International Internet Day, know your internet
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks15 must have chrome extensions