Facebook has added a News Feed Preferences update to its iOS app, allowing users to streamline their news feed content even better. Users can now select people whose updates they would want to see, and unfollow the ones they wish to avoid. Updates from preferred people will appear on the timeline with a star by their side.
Recently, Facebook stated that timeline content will be streamlined based on the relative time a user spent looking at a post, and not just likes, shares and comments. As part of attempting to improve user experience in the maverick social media network, Facebook also started providing suggestive status updates, to give users a more convenient and intuitive experience while on Facebook. The addition of News Feed Preferences will now clean up the timeline even better, thereby making the experience more personal.
Additionally, you can also 'favourite' brands and personalities to filter the pages whose updates you would like to see, thereby avoiding random updates. The update has already been rolled out to iOS devices, and will follow soon on the web and Android. Another new feature being added by Facebook is the page suggestion. Facebook will tally the pages you've liked, and suggest similar pages you might want to like or follow.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- 15 must have chrome extensions15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks
- 10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow10 reasons to trust Azure with your data