Facebook has started rolling out Reactions to let users express themselves better when reacting to a post, instead of the simple ‘Like’ that is deployed now. Users can now choose from six emojis when reacting reacting to a post, which are Like, Love, Haha, Wow, Sad or Angry. To add one of these Reactions, users can either hover over the Like button when in desktop, or press and hold the button when on mobile. Additionally, Facebook will now display the total number of Reactions that a post will get, instead of just likes.
Sammi Krug, Product Manager for Facebook said in a post, “We understand that this is a big change, and want to be thoughtful about rolling this out. For more than a year we have been conducting global research including focus groups and surveys to determine what types of reactions people would want to use most. We also looked at how people are already commenting on posts and the top stickers and emoticons as signals for the types of reactions people are already using to determine which reactions to offer.” Facebook had announced that it was testing the feature in October 2015, and Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg said that the new emojis would allow users to better express themselves.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- On International Internet Day, know your internetWeird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...
- 15 must have chrome extensions15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks
- 10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow10 reasons to trust Azure with your data