“As of this morning, the Facebook community is now officially 2 billion people! We're making progress connecting the world, and now let's bring the world closer together. It's an honor to be on this journey with you” Mark Zuckerberg said on his official Facebook page. In May 2017, Facebook announced that it had 1.94 billion monthly active users. To put things into perspective, YouTube is at a distant second with 1.5 billion monthly users. Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp (both owned by Facebook) have 1.2 billion monthly users. The infamous Snapchat app which everyone is trying to mimic stands at 255 million active users according to TechCrunch. WeChat has 889 million users and Twitter has 328 million users. So clearly, Facebook is leading the pack when it comes to social media usage.
In a press release issued by Facebook, Product Manager Guillermo Spiller said, “Each day, more than 175 million people share a Love reaction, and on average, over 800 million people like something on Facebook. More than 1 billion people use Groups every month”. The press release goes on to say, “To show our appreciation for the many ways people support one another on Facebook, we will share several personalized experiences over the coming days.”
Facebook is launching a personalized video to celebrate bringing the world closer together. You may see your personalized video in your News Feed or by visiting facebook.com/goodaddsup.
Facebook launched thirteen years ago and less than five years ago hit the 1 billion users mark. The Social Networking giant has added "746 million users in Asia and the Rest of World region since hitting 1 billion users total. Meanwhile, it only added 41 million in the U.S. and Canada.”
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurity
- Why you won't need cable or DTH in 2017On International Internet Day, know your internet
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks15 must have chrome extensions