Facebook will now let pages schedule a Live broadcast up to a week in advance. With this features, publishers would be able to announce details about a broadcast in advance, while interested users would know when to tune in. The feature is rolling out to Verified Pages this week.
In its official blog, the company states, “Scheduling a live video makes it easier to build anticipation and buzz with your audience before your broadcast begins, so you can start strong with an audience already assembled. When you schedule a live video, an announcement post will be published to News Feed letting your fans on Facebook know that the broadcast is coming.”
Those who receive a notification about the Live broadcast can choose to receive a one time reminder shortly before the the video starts. They can then join a pre-broadcast lobby where they can interact with other viewers. Further, once a live video has been scheduled, users will be able to share a link to the broadcast or embed it in websites or blogs. Facebook notes that scheduling features for third party tools will be made available later.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- On International Internet Day, know your internet15 must have chrome extensions
- 10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow10 reasons to trust Azure with your data
- 15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks