BitTorrent has launched BitTorrent Now, a new music and video streaming client. It’s a revamped and reworked version of the older Bundle legal music platform. They wrote on their official blog “So far, more than 30,000 artists and 200,000,000 fans use BitTorrent Bundle. As the platform has grown, our focus has remained the same. Give creators options. Not rules. Give fans awesome experiences. Not content.”
BitTorrent Now offers on-demand streaming of music and videos via a mobile and web application. Much like other streaming services, the app allows users to create their own playlists, follow favorite artists for updates. Although the platform is only financed by advertising, users can also purchase content at any time.
BitTorrent Now is notably featuring upcoming Indie artists on its homepage and looks to give them more exposure. Originally, BitTorrent Bundle was a music download site for new content from artists free or for a few dollars. Moby, Lady Gaga and Thom Yorke(Radiohead) are a few of the notable artists to also release exclusive content on the platform.
Earlier this year, BitTorrent launched BitTorrent Live, a P2P online streaming platform. Unlike most streaming services that use the HTTP protocol to stream, BitTorrent Live uses the P2P protocol which made each viewer a broadcaster as well, essentially making for lesser delay and better performance becuase of its decentralised model.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- On International Internet Day, know your internet15 must have chrome extensions
- 10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow10 reasons to trust Azure with your data
- 15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks