An upcoming biography on Apple co-founder Steve Jobs has revealed some new information about Jobs’ secret plan to buy Yahoo!, the close relationship between Jobs and Cook, and much more.
The biography titled Becoming Steve Jobs: The Evolution of a Reckless Upstart into a Visionary Leader by Brent Schlender and Rick Tetzeli, will go on sale on March 24.Cult of Mac's Luke Dormehl, noted many of the book's highlights before the preview was removed by Amazon. The book reveals that Jobs had a secret plan of buying Yahoo! to get a foothold in the internet search business. Apple who have gotten an access to a host of web services, patents and other tools if it had acquired Yahoo!
It also describes the close relationship between Steve Jobs and Tim Cook. Cook had offered an ailing Jobs a portion of his own liver when Apple's visionary leader was in the need of a donor as they shared the same blood type, but Jobs refused.
"From what I've seen, some of the stories are pretty sensational - providing new details into the close relationship between Jobs and Cook, revealing Jobs' secret plan to buy Yahoo!, and much more," says Dormehl.
The new book attempts to paint a different picture of the eccentric late Apple CEO from the bestselling 2011 biography Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson. It includes interviews with people who knew Jobs very well including his family, inner circle executives, and top people at Apple, Disney and Pixar.
“I thought the Isaacson book did [Jobs] a tremendous disservice,” Cook is quoted as saying in Becoming Steve Jobs. “It was just a rehash of a bunch of stuff that had already been written, and focused on small parts of his personality. You get the feeling that [Jobs was] a greedy, selfish egomaniac. It didn’t capture the person. The person I read about there is somebody I would never have wanted to work with over all this time. Life’s too short.”
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurity
- Why you won't need cable or DTH in 2017On International Internet Day, know your internet
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks15 must have chrome extensions