The Andhra Pradesh Government has launched AP FiberNet in Visakhapatnam with the aim of providing broadband connectivity at a low cost. Under the project, 15Mbps speeds will be provided at a cost of Rs. 149 per month, while a 100Mbps connection to office will cost Rs. 999 per month. The project will cover Visakhapatnam, Srikakulam and Vizianagaram by April and aims to cover the rest of the state by the end of July.
AP FiberNet was launched by the Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu who said that his government's aim is to provide internet connectivity to all households in the state as part of the Digital India campaign. The state government has also said that it partnered with Cisco to roll out the project. In addition, Cisco will also set up an Internet of Everything (IoE) innovation centre in Visakhapatnam to enable partners and startups to build solutions around IoE. The company will also invest in an advanced Technology Centre of Excellence and Research lab located at the Institute of Digital Technology in Andhra Pradesh.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- 15 must have chrome extensions15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks
- 10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow10 reasons to trust Azure with your data