Amazon, the global e-commerce giant, has stepped up its plans to expand its market share in India. Announcing the initiative yesterday, Amazon said it will provide Indian ventures an international platform to sell. Amazon will provide support through Selling on Amazon (SOA) and Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) programs to promote Indian brands and their products in numerous international markets.
Selling on Amazon lets businesses of all sizes to sell their products across international markets without any product listing cost, website and physical store setup. Safe payment modes of Amazon will allow all transactions to be performed seamlessly via Amazon. With Fulfillment by Amazon, it will store products in their own warehouses and handle product packaging and returns. This will make it easier for Indian businesses to access global markets, without any added permission hassles and expenses.
As of now, products can be exported from India in categories like apparel, home furnishing, Indian handicrafts, jewelry, books, collectibles, sporting goods, handbags, shoes and health & beauty products. Amazon will rope in third party local service providers to handle logistics and tax details, and a dedicated global selling team at Amazon will help local businesses learn about trends and demands in different markets across the world.
Hidesign is one of India’s first companies to be a part of Amazon’s Global Selling Program. Stating in its press release titled “Make in India” and sell globally with Amazon, Hidesign America Inc.’s CEO Vikas Kapur said that not only is this an opportunity to internationally expand businesses, but “also an opportunity to learn about e-commerce in a mature market”.
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurity
- Why you won't need cable or DTH in 2017On International Internet Day, know your internet
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks15 must have chrome extensions