Amazon launched its #Amazoncart shopping feature in India which allows users to order items via Twitter. The feature allows users to add products in their Amazon shopping cart without leaving the micro-blogging site.
Amazon India's #AmazonCart tagline reads, "Add it now. Buy it later. Shop from within Twitter." Users can connect their Amaozon and Twitter accounts and just tweet a reply with #AmazonCart that contains an Amazon product link, and it will be added to their shopping cart. Amazon had announced the feature in May in UK and US where it is called #AmazonBasket.
Amazon spokeswoman Julie Law, explained the process in a statement: "It's simple. When a customer discovers a tweet from their favorite artist, expert, brand, or friend with an Amazon.com product link, they simply add '#AmazonCart' to their reply on Twitter and the product is added to their Amazon.com Shopping Cart. Customers who have not connected their Twitter and Amazon.com accounts will receive a reply tweet asking them to connect their accounts to enable the new feature."
Amazon India started its operations in India in June last year and has about 35 million registered users. According to a recent report the Indian online retail market is only 0.4 per cent of the overall market, but it is growing rapidly. Amazon's entry into the Indian market has increased competition in the online space and has also improved the pace of consolidation in the USD 2.3 billion e-commerce market.
"The global leader is expected to vie for the top slot in India as well, which has triggered an increased urgency and competitiveness within the sector. As a result, there has been a significant increase in the investments that are being injected as well as the speed of consolidation," a report by consulting firm Technopak states. In May this year e-retailer Flipkart acquired online fashion retailer Myntra in an estimated Rs 2,000 crore deal, making it one of the biggest consolidations in the e-commerce space in India.
Source: Amazon India
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- Weird but interesting websites you ought to bookmark right...Next year, these attacks will threaten your cybersecurity
- Why you won't need cable or DTH in 2017On International Internet Day, know your internet
- 10 reasons to trust Azure with your data10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow
- 15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks15 must have chrome extensions