Amazon India has launched Release Day Delivery (RDD) service, dedicated to delivering new products to customers on the day of their launch. Amazon's customers will be able to pre-order products and receive them on the day of their release on their doorstep with the service.
Amazon launched the service with the release of Xbox One. So hundreds of customers who had pre booked the Xbox One in 35+ cities have started receiving their deliveries today. The company has enabled Release Day Delivery for the video games category for now and will be adding other categories soon.
Xbox One was released at 00.01 hours in India on Tuesday. Amazon India surprised several customers of Xbox One who had pre-booked the product with midnight deliveries. The deliveries were made to customers in Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Delhi, Chennai, Pune, Ahmedabad and Nagpur.
Amit Agarwal, Vice President and Country Manager, Amazon India stated, "We know how eager customers are to lay their hands on new releases. We cannot think of a better way to 'Deliver Smiles'. We are absolutely delighted by the response we got and look forward to offering more delightful experiences for our customers."
Amazon has been trying to gain the top spot in India's online retail space. The company recently announced that it may start drone deliveries in time with the festival season in October. Crisil reports, that the Indian online retail market is expected to touch Rs 50,000 crore by 2016, attracting major foreign retailers. Read: Amazon's online retail practices in India come under scrutiny
Other Popular Deals
- 10 websites and applications you must know about8 music streaming services worth trying out
- 6 ways to start learning Microsoft AzureHow to improve your Firefox browsing experience
- The 12 most hilarious YouTube channels10 Microsoft Big Data Success Stories
- 15 must have chrome extensions15 apps and websites to accomplish everyday tasks
- 10 YouTube sci-tech channels every geek should follow10 reasons to trust Azure with your data