Xiaomi has launched the Mi Air Purifier 2 and the Mi Band 2 in India. Priced at Rs. 9,999, the Mi Air Purifier 2 is a part of the company’s Mi Ecosystem sub-brand. Users will be able to control the purifier via the Mi Home app, which will also monitor the filter’s lifespan and send a reminder when it needs to be replaced.
The Mi Air Purifier 2 has a Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR) of 310 cubic meters per hour. The Air Purifier has a 360-degree air intake and an EPA filter to remove airborne particles. The filter has a triple layer design and can remove particles larger than 0.3 micrometers. There is also an activated carbon filter for bad odour and other harmful substances. Xiaomi claims that the purifier takes 10 minutes to circulate purified air in a room that’s 21 square meters in size.
The Mi Air Purifier 2 will be available on Mi.com from September 26, and on Flipkart from October 2. Replacement filters will be available online from Rs. 2,499.
The Xiaomi Mi Band 2, meanwhile, is the successor to the Mi Band and is available at Rs. 1,999. The new band features an OLED display and the company claims that it can offer 20 days of battery life. The display shows the time if you lift your wrist, and tapping the button will let you view other information such as steps taken and heart rate. The wearable also comes with IP67-rated splash resistance and can unlock devices running Android 5.0 or later, when held close to the device. The device is compatible with the Mi Fit app available on Android and iOS. Besides showing the activity and sleep statistics, the app also lets users manage alarms and send notifications for incoming calls and app alerts.
The Mi Band 2 will be available on Mi.com from September 27, and from Amazon from September 30.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015