Xiaomi has launched Ninebot Mini, a two-wheeled electric vehicle that is battery-powered and self-balancing. The scooter is priced at RMB 1,999, which is approximately Rs. 20,300 by direct conversion. Aside from the Ninebot Mini, Xiaomi also announced Mi TV 3 as well as other products.
The mini scooter has been developed with Ninebot, a Chinese transportation robotics firm. Ninebot also own Segway, a company that is synonymous with two-wheeled, self-balancing electric vehicles. The Ninebot Mini has been built using aerospace-grade magnesium alloy and weighs about 12.8 kg. Vehicle can move at a speed of 16km/hr and can travel for about 22 km on a single charge. It can also ride up a 15 degree hills. Users can also upgrade the firmware, monitor speed, traffic data, and systems via their smartphones. The Ninebot Mini will be available in Black and White variants.
Aside from the scooter, Xiaomi also announced the Mi TV 3. The television comes with a 60-inch 4K display and MEMC motion compensation. It also has a aluminium metal frame and is 11.6mm thick at its thinnest point and 36.7mm at its thickest. The Mi TV 3 is priced at at RMB 4999, which is approximately Rs. 51,000 by direct conversion.
The company also announced the Xiaomi Mi TV Bar, a main board which Xiaomi claims can turn any display into a smart TV. It also has built-in speakers with Dolby Audio technology. The main board runs on Android Lollipop v5.1 and is powered by a 1.4GHz quad core processor with 2GB of RAM. The Mi TV Bar is built with aluminium panels and works with TVs, displays, and projectors. The device is priced at RMB 999 which is approximately Rs. 10,200 by direct conversion.
Xiaomi also announced the 6.5-inch Mi Subwoofer and a Bluetooth voice remote control. The Mi Subwoofer is priced at RMB 500, which is about Rs. 6,100 by direct conversion. The remote control is priced at RMB 99, which is approximately Rs. 1000 by direct conversion.
In the past, Xiaomi has launched a number of other products besides smartphones and tablets. There include water purifiers, air purifiers, routers, lights and more. There are also rumors that it is working on launching a notebook in 2016.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015