OnePlus’ co-Founder and CEO, Carl Pei has announced that a documentary called ‘The Untold OnePlus Story’ will be released next year. He made the announcement in a post on OnePlus’ forums on the occasion of the company’s second anniversary. He also posted a teaser for the documentary which can be seen below. Pei says, “It’s a look behind the scenes at what makes OnePlus what it is -- the highs, the lows, and everything in between. This story is ours to celebrate together, so hopefully you’ll be as pumped to see it as we are.”
In his post on the forum, Pei explains why the company was started. He says, “we started OnePlus because we weren’t satisfied with how things were. The market was littered with uninspiring products, with companies seemingly more concerned with market share than making great products. We decided to tackle the problem in our own way, by focusing on great products, but also by changing up the rules.” He goes on to talk about the launch of the three OnePlus devices and the support they received from customers.
Pei also announced a White/Gold coloured variant of the OnePlus X called the Champagne edition. Device is rolling out in Europe with other markets to follow soon. He said that the new variant will be sold during their weekly open sales on a first-come, first-served basis. However, those who already have a OnePlus X invite can purchase the device whenever they want.
Hopefully, the documentary will not require people to wait for an invite in order to watch it.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015