“It takes a great man to be a good listener.” ― Calvin Coolidge
Dr. K. Radhakrishnan, Former Chairman, ISRO. Also the former chairman of the Indian Institutes of Engineering Science and Technology, he is a life fellow of the Indian Geophysical Union.
The much debated question of whether God exists remains unanswered but that of the God particle has been answered. To deal with this hot topic of science, Techkriti’15 has invited none other than the co-founder of the Higgs Boson Particle, Dr. Carl R. Hagen. An alumni of Massachusetts Institute of Technology, he is also a fellow of the American Physical Society. He has been the recipient of the Department's Excellence in Undergraduate Teaching Award. We will be having him as the speaker on the very first day of Techkriti’15.
What more than to have a noble laureate grace the occasion. Sir Anthony Leggett, awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics for his pioneering work on to the theory of superconductors and superfluids. He currently serves as the chief scientist at the Institute for Condensed Matter Theory.
Dr. Peter C. Schultz, Inventor, Fiber Optics, Peter C. Schultz, Ph.D. (b. 1942), is co-inventor of the fiber optics now used worldwide for telecommunications. He is retired President of Heraeus Tenevo Inc., a $200 million technical glass manufacturer and retired Chief Technical Officer North America for Heraeus Holding GmbH (the $6 billion German parent company).
The car fans will also be satiated. Dillip Chhabaria, Founder, DC Design, has been a trailblazer, and a pioneering personality in the field of automotive design. He is also credited with designing the car used in the movie Taarzan: The Wonder Car and also the Aston Martin Vanquish which appeared in the James Bond movie Die Another Day . He will be part of the Auto Expo too.
The National Geographic fans are in for a treat. Pat Spain, TV Host- Beast Hunter, Nat Geo. Apart from his world famous shows ‘Nature Calls’ and of course the ‘Beast Hunter’, he is also a wildlife scientist, cancer survivor and a 12 year veteran of the biotech industry.
Dr. David Hilmers, Former Astronaut, NASA. A veteran of four space flights, he has logged over 493 hours in space and is currently enrolled as a medical student at the Baylor College of Medicine in Houston, Texas. Space enthusiasts, certainly a talk to look forward to!
Ramamurti Shankar is the John Randolph Huffman Professor of Physics at Yale University, in New Haven, Connecticut. Dr.Shankar, an alumni of IIT Madras, was awarded
the Julius Edgar Lilienfeld Prize from the American Physical Society. He is a fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences.
The list of speakers doesn’t end here. We also have:
Dr. Harald Rose, Wolf Prize, Physics; David Scaramuzza, Professor of Robotics, Artificial Intelligence Lab, University of Zurich; Prabhu Chawla, Host of famous tv show- Seedhi Baat at Aajtak; Editorial Director, The New Indian Express; Shekhar Gupta, Vice-chairman, India Today Group; Host of "Walk the Talk" tv show; Meera Sanyal, Ex-CEO, Royal Bank of Scotland; Currently member of AAP; Shradha Sharma, CEO and Founder, Yourstory.com;
Divya Sornaraja, co-founder Pith Inc.; Amit Ranjan, Co-founder, Slideshare; Naresh Gupta, Managing Director, Adobe India.
Let us move to the next big highlight of Techkriti’15. Prepare yourself to be left awestruck by some eye-popping exhibits. These latest inventions will surely draw your attention.
1. Lechal: A smart shoe primarily focussed on helping blind people navigate.
2. Ant Robots, a taste of Artificial Intelligence: A group of 12 small coordinated robots with wide future applications.
3. Kanpur ordnance factory will be bringing weapons and shells for exhibition.
4. Ultra-ever dry: A product to make surfaces, water repellent.
5. Human Face Mapping: Projection technology from Portugal for projecting images on human face.
Techkriti’15 brings to you a plethora of attractions. It would be a shame to miss this golden opportunity!
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015