Vivo mobiles, which is the lead sponsor of this year’s IPL (Indian Premier League) Cricket Tournament has announced that the Official IPL 2016 trophy will be travelling through six different cities in India, starting from the March 19. The trophy will debut from Pune and end its journey at Mumbai, which is also the home of last year’s winners, Mumbai Indians. This year the tournament will host eight teams — Delhi Daredevils, Gujarat Lions, Kings XI Punjab, Kolkata Knight Riders, Mumbai Indians, Rising Pune Supergiants, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Sunrisers Hyderabad. The first match will be held at Mumbai between Mumbai Indians and Rising Pune Supergiants.
Read the complete press release below
Indian Premier League (IPL), the sporting spectacle cheered by every Indian and cricket fan across the globe begins its journey with the first ever Trophy Tour starting March 19, 2016. Making its debut from Pune, the Vivo IPL 2016 trophy will travel to six different cities in India ending its journey with Mumbai, home to last year’s IPL champions.
It would be a great opportunity for the cricket loving fans to see the trophy from such close quarters. It will add to their thrill and excitement to view the trophy which would be sought after by eight competing IPL teams.
Chairman of IPL, Mr. Rajeev Shukla said, “This is the first ever trophy tour, which will not only promote the league but will also give the cricket fans across the country a chance to witness the trophy first hand in their cities. With the new title sponsor ‘Vivo’, on board we are thrilled to embark on this exciting six city tour to showcase the trophy for Vivo IPL 2016.”
Sharing the excitement on becoming the new title sponsor for IPL 2016 and announcing the trophy tour, Mr. Alex Feng, CEO, Vivo India said, “Vivo is the first ever title sponsor to organize the trophy tour. IPL being the most professional leagues played across the world. It truly reflects the love and passion Indians share for this wonderful sport. Vivo is a global brand which appeals to the sensibilities of the young Indians. We are constantly striving to innovate and translate our vision into reality. And, undoubtedly, the partnership with IPL is the fastest way to reach out the youth of India.”
The trophy tour to six cities will start from March 19, 2016 and will close the tour with Mumbai on April 03, 2016. The schedule to each city will be –
|New Delhi||Select City Walk||3/27/2016|
|Kolkata||South City Mall||4/1/2016|
|Mumbai||Infinity Mall, Malad||4/2/2016 & 4/3/2016|
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015
- Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015