ZipDial, a mobile marketing and analysis company based out of Bangalore, has been officially acquired by Twitter. Although, the concerned parties haven't revealed the financial details of the acquisition it is estimated to be around $30 million.
“Over the next several years, billions of people will come online for the first time in countries like Brazil, India and Indonesia. For many, their first online experience will be on a mobile device – but the cost of data may prevent them from experiencing the true power of the Internet. Twitter, in partnership with ZipDial, can make great content more accessible to everyone,” said Twitter.
ZipDial gives clients phone numbers for use in marketing campaigns where consumers call the numbers and give a missed call, upon which they receive promotion-related text messages.
ZipDial had previously partnered with Twitter to offer tweets from celebrities and during the 2014 elections, BJP and the Indian National Congress had worked with Twitter and ZipDial to make their Twitter accounts accessible to all users in India via phones through ZipDial's missed call-based alerts service.The company also has clients like Disney, Coca Cola, Colgate, Nestle, etc.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015