It has spanned over 24 years, 208 episodes and 2 feature films, but X-Files is not done exploring the paranormal on your television screens just yet. Fox has confirmed that the sci-fi series will return in its 11th avatar later this year.
After the show was revived on air last year with 6 new episodes, Fox is now looking to begin a ‘second chapter’ of the X-files event series. “The all-new 10-episode installment once again will be executive-produced by creator Chris Carter, with stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson returning in their roles as iconic FBI Agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully,” reads a Fox press release. Production of the series is set to begin this summer, while the it will air during the 2017-2018 season, hinting at a late 2017 premiere.
“Iconic characters, rich storytelling, bold creators – these are the hallmarks of great TV shows. And they are some of the reasons why THE X-FILES has had such a profound impact on millions of fans worldwide,” said David Madden, President of Fox Broadcasting Company. He added, “Chris’ creativity, along with the brilliant work of David and Gillian, continue to propel this pop culture phenomenon, and we can’t wait to see what fresh mysteries Mulder and Scully uncover in this next chapter of The X-Files.”
Fox claims that last year’s 6-episode long series drew an average multi-platform audience of nearly 16 million viewers and was last season’s No. 2 broadcast drama. Whatever you say Fox. All we are interested in, is to see Mulder and Scully back chasing aliens and extraterrestrial being, hoping they aren’t too old for the job now!
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015