If aliens were to attack tomorrow, would India be able to defend itself? That, is the question Ajay Kumar, a resident of Mumbai, posed to the Home Ministry, in an RTI. The RTI was posted on Twitter by Kiren Rijiju, Minister of State (Home), as an example of the frivolous RTI requests that the ministry gets from people. “The subject matter is too scientific,” Rijiju tweeted. We’re guessing he meant that the subject is a matter of science fiction. “These kind of RTIs waste the previous time of the office staff,” he added.
Kumar’s RTI asks the ministry what plans India has in place for attacks by aliens, zombies and extraterrestrial beings. So, you know, the plots of Independence Day, Resident Evil and Pacific Rim. Further, Kumar asks what means the government has to defeat them, and what are our chances of successfully defending ourselves. Perhaps for complete clarity, Kumar also asks whether we can “do it without Will Smith.
Ok, let’s face it, an alien invasion is not likely anytime soon. And, if it is, then it’s obviously going to happen in the US, right? That’s where all the movies are made, AND, they have Will Smith and all the Avengers.
Other Popular Deals
- Top launches of the week: May 22, 20156 weird inventions that tried too hard
- Top launches of the week: June 5, 2015Top launches of the week: May 29, 2015
- Top launches of the week: June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: May 22, 2015
- Top stories of the week: May 29, 2015The Intel Compute Stick, in pictures
- Top stories of the week : June 12, 2015Top stories of the week: June 5, 2015
- In pictures: ETI Dynamic's Solar Electric Hybrid Vehicle17 upcoming movies of 2015 that have us excited
- 5 great gadget deals under Rs 10,000Top stories of the week: May 15, 2015
- Best tech you can buy on a budgetTop launches of the week: May 15, 2015